Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Got up at around 10 AM, while having breakfast, watched Nadia Khan Show on GEO and Woo…Its Mother’s Day today. Just one single day, for the person, who we should owe our whole life. I don’t know why at times I feel, we the urban Pakistan people are becoming accustomed to western norms. One day for each important person in our lives.

Do we love them for just one day a year?

 Anyways… At least for a single day in a year, We should get out of our rooms, spend some time with her, give her chance to look at us for a while, and just be with her. She waits for us whole day to get home in the evening and still we don’t have time for her, we don’t care for her, take her for granted…. Shameful isn’t it ?.

 I don’t know how many times when I felt restless during nights I went up to her and slept beside her bed, there is some sort of indescribable feeling of safety and comfort I found there.

Many at times tears roll in my eyes while watching programs about mother, I think at GEO there was a program titled ‘Maan’, and I saw many famous celebrities broke down in tears, while talking about their mothers.

 At times I use to call Ammi as ‘Amman’, though it is often use for mothers but it sounds like ‘Amma’ but in my case I call her ‘Amman’ , a relatively close meaning of this word in English is ‘Amnesty’.J

 Talking about mother, one can go on and on. I just pray to Almighty to give her health and courage to fight against the diseases she is suffering from and let me serve her as a humble son.

 

May all the mothers enjoy good health and their children can have their blessings.

 In the end, I wish you all a very happy mother’s day.


-Wire-Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment